We are surrounded by medical technologies. But how much do we know about them?
More than 500,000 medical technologies are currently available. All of those medical devices aim at saving, improving or extending people’s lives and enhance healthcare system. The first time we get in touch with medical devices is at the very beginning of our life. But how much do we know about them? Who develops them? How do they access the market? Who is in charge of monitoring them afterwards?
During the MedTech Week*, companies and other stakeholders from all around Europe organize activities aiming at promoting the industry of medical devices.
In this frame COVARTIM is organizing two events with the goal of raising awareness of medical devices specificities among non-specialists and healthcare professionals and supporting new entrepreneurs with their medtech project.
*MedTech Week is a MedTech Europe initiative
FREE COACHING SESSIONS
June 7th, 2019 09:00 AM – 06:00 PM Brussels
- Learn more about the Belgian ecosystem, its stakeholders and its challenges.
- Get a clear overview of a medical device life cycle from the inception to the patient. Discover all the different steps from the idea to the market access.
- Share and discuss your project with our experts. Get advice on quality assurance, regulatory affairs, product development, business development, …
Info and registration here
June 8th, 2019 10:00 AM – 03:00 PM Brussels
- What is a medical device? Introduction, live demo, quizz, …
- How is a medical device put on the market? How about regulation? What happens if something goes wrong?
- What about career opportunities in Belgium? What are the different jobs? What is the required education background?